If you think you have allergies,
call our clinic today, to schedule your appointment.
- Second leading cause of chronic disease in the United States
- 40-60 million Americans (1 person per 4 households) are effected
- Over 50% have suffered longer than 10 years.
- 9-40% of children are affected (varies by scientific study quoted)
- 3.8 million missed days per year of work and school
- It is a chronic inflammatory condition.
- Often dismissed as a “nuisance disorder” but patients suffer significant symptoms that effect their day to day lives impairing sleep, sporting activities, work and school.
- Most common symptoms are nasal congestion, sneezing, itchy nose, drip of secretions down the back of the throat or out the front of the nose.
- Often confused with other diseases including non-allergic rhinitis and infections.
- The most important point is that with proper identification and treatment symptoms can be relieved in most individuals.
- Allergy shots or immunotherapy is a very effective means of treatment.
- 20% of patients with nasal symptoms have asthma but they may also have sinusitis, ear infections, eye symptoms and skin symptoms like atopic dermatitis.
- The best way to diagnose the disorder is by a thorough history, physical exam and skin testing via a board certified allergist.