HISTORY OF THE CLINIC
OAAC is one of the oldest, largest and most respected allergy, asthma and immunology centers in the United States. Founded in 1925 by Dr. Ray Balyeat, a pioneer in the specialty of allergy medicine, the Clinic is recognized nationally for the thorough, advanced treatment provided to patients of all ages.
OAAC incorporated in 1975 when the practice was located in the Pasteur Building at N.W. 10th and Lee. In 1980, our new building was completed and the Clinic moved to its present location on the Oklahoma Health Sciences Center campus. All physicians are board certified by The American Board of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. Working alongside the physicians is a full time Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), a Board Certified Advance Practice Registered Nurse - Certified Nurse Specialist (APRN-BC) who is also a registered respiratory therapist/certified asthma educator and a Board Certified Advance Practice Registered Nurse - Certified Nurse Practitioner.
Dedicated to the diagnosis, management and education of allergic and asthmatic disorders, OAAC has played a major role in the development of national guidelines for treating allergic disease. The practice has satellite locations in Norman, Midwest City, North OKC and Edmond in addition to the central office located on the Oklahoma Health Center campus.
OAAC is committed to professional, compassionate, patient centered care of the highest quality.
The Oklahoma Allergy & Asthma Clinic (OAAC) is committed to professional, compassionate, patient centered care of the highest quality.
The Oklahoma Allergy & Asthma Clinic (OAAC) will continue to be a local, regional, and national source for the highest quality diagnostic and therapeutic treatment of individuals and their families in the specialty of allergy, asthma, and immunology. OAAC will further our legacy of being a referral source and trusted treatment center by continuing our commitment to education and research for the ultimate benefit of our patients.